A luxury hotel in Gratz Park Historic District .
The Sire Hotel Lexington, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
The Sire Hotel pays homage to Lexington’s equestrian industry. With free parking, an outdoor terrace with fire pit and our unparalleled southern hospitality, you’ll be right at home in our neighborhood.
Our historic building, located in one of the most beautiful areas in downtown Lexington, dates back more than 100 years. In the words of Kentucky architectural historian, Clay Lancaster, “The park has charm, atmosphere, a sense of tranquility and of history, and it provides an oasis of planting tucked into the cityscape.”
Built as a doctors office in 1916 the colonial-revival building was a hub of the community. As the original location of the Lexington Clinic, the building has a long and interesting history. Today, following a multi-million dollar renovation, The Sire Hotel takes proud position in Lexington’s timeline.
Dining at Distilled
Our locally owned, award-winning restaurant in downtown Lexington.
A staple in the community, we’ve got fine dining, and an exceptional wine, bourbon, and whiskey selection. Located on the first floor of the hotel.
Location and attractions
The historic neighborhood of Gratz Park provides the perfect launch pad for your activities itinerary. We’re within walking distance of the best of downtown, and there’s plenty of public transport for venturing further afield.
- Lexington Convention Center – 0.4 miles
- Transylvania University – 0.4 miles
- Rupp Arena – 0.6 miles
- University of Kentucky – 1.7 miles
- Keeneland Racetrack – 6.4 miles
- Kentucky Horse Park – 8.1 miles
From Blue Grass Airport (LEX)
- Start out going southeast on Terminal Drive
- Turn left onto Man O War Blvd.
- Take the first right onto Versailles Road/US-60 E
- Continue to follow US-60 E
- Stay straight to go onto W. Maxwell St/KY-1974
- Turn left onto S. Limestone
- Turn left onto W. 2nd Street, and the hotel is on the left